Thursday, December 07, 2006

She Thinks I'm Hot!!



Me: Scooter, what are you doing??
Scooter: Brushing my fur, flossing, checking my breath for just the right scent of tuna.
Me: Uh, why??
Scooter: I think I have a girlfriend.
Me:
Me:
Me:
Me: Sorry, what??
Scooter: You know, a girlfriend, a female cat, someone to cough up hairballs with.
Me: Ok...you lost me...what are you talking about??
Scooter: Oh, she is beeeeeautiful. Her name is Coffee (swoon) and she's the same age as me and she looks like me and I think I'm in love and I have it on good authority that she thinks I'm hot.
Me: Hot as in a gland condition??
Scooter: Hot as in she liiiiiiiiiiiikes me.
Me: My little boy is growing up.
Scooter: I'm 9 now, that's 52 of your years.
Me: The next thing you'll be telling me is that you're driving too.
Scooter:
Scooter:
Scooter:
Me: Scooter??
Scooter: I was daydreaming on Route 66.
Me: What "good authority"??
Scooter: I'm not at liberty to say.
Me: I'm your mother.
Scooter: I'm older than you.
Me: I clean your litter box. (This is the mother's equivalent to "I wash your underwear.")
Scooter: Good point. I'm still not saying.
Me: Well, you'll keep me updated on this relationship??
Scooter: If I don't will you still clean my litter box?
Me: Not a hope big fella.
Scooter: I should go lie down now??
Me: Probably a good idea.

Ok...so call me crazy.
Did my cat just say he was HOT and that he had that on "good authority"?? I am crazy. My cat has a life. It's not bad enough that he has this blog, but now he has a girlfriend and a life too?? C'mon. This is getting to be too much.
Maybe it's because it's almost Christmas and my mind is just in a pre-holiday turmoil??
-pause-
Nah...I'm crazy and my 52 year old cat (isn't he too old to be getting a girlfriend??) is making it worse.
On the upside...Coffee looks to be a lovely girl. I mean, who could resist that sweet tabby face??
Obviously, not my Scooter.
Click to see Coffee

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Who is this Coffee? Where did he meet her? I think we need to find out more about her!